Please click the link below for Architectural Competition Guidelines.
First of all, I take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude and sincere thanks to all the Members of the society of Nepalese Architects (SONA) for having elected me to this position of SONA President of the 12-executive committee. Also, I congratulate all the members of 12 executive committee on being elected in their different post
While I am fully aware of the heavy responsibility involved at the same time I am sure that with the wholehearted support of my executive committee members and advisory board members and the co-operation of all the members I shall be able to fulfill the aspirations of members of the SONA, in the true professional sprit and we shall all continue to work together towards professional togetherness.
The profession of the Architecture takes care of one of the most basic needs of mankind, “ the shelter”for every activity on this earth.. As defined profession of “Architecture is way of living” thus in this era of change, SONA should establish the distinct identity of Architecture in Nepalese society by establishing Architectural value in the society…
While looking ahead we not only have to bring it to logical conclusion all that is in the pipeline, but SONA has a vision that should more than match the challenges that lie ahead in the coming years
Some of the programs that we envision during our tenure include
- To take further concrete steps to safeguard public interest in Urban Affairs not only in the Metropolitan Cities but also in small towns across the country
- To make conscious efforts to look after the problems of the Employed Architect in Government and Private Sector and to improve their service conditions
- To strengthen and develop liaison with school of Architect, Universities and work for achieving higher standards in Architectural Education
- To arrange conferences and seminars to evolve a National Opinion on Architects Role, create public awareness and also to secure effective representation on local Authorities to formulate / update development regulations and building bye-laws
- To establish regional chapters of SONA in major cities such as Pokhara, Biratnagar, Nepalgunj and Birgunj.
- To organize ARCASIA round table on relevant topics such as Green and Sustainable Architecture, Professional Practice.etc and also to activate SONA members for their participation in different international programs organized by member countries
- To make SONA Website an effective and nodal mean of communication to be successful in reaching out to Architects and all concerned
The society, the Government and public opinion are also very much part of our world. To realize our goals it is necessary to guide and sometime also pressure the decision making level with our active participation at Government implementation program. SONA is fully conscious of the problems faced by the Architects particularly in regard to tendering, competitions and practice of profession by non-Architects. There is an urgent need of a proactive approach by all the Architects in a spirit of togetherness to ensure that the right to practice the profession lawfully restricted to architects only as in the case of other professions such as medicine. Law, Medicine etc,
Fellow Architects, it is time to start thinking positive and start doing positive as we cannot wait for someone to start, something to happen. It is true that it is difficult but is not impossible to achieve whatever we think or whatever we together aim for.
I am sure, with the continued sense of professional togetherness included in the recent past and also with your active participation and interest in the policies and programmers of the SONA, we shall be able to meet the challenges not only of the contemporary era but also that lie ahead in the coming decades.
LET US CONTINUE TO WORK TOWARDS PROFESSIONAL TOGETHERNESS
Prof. Suman Vaidya
12 Executive Committee
PLEASE DONATE US TO REBUILD NEPAL!!!
Title of Donation: “Donation To SONA “
Note: Funds directed In this account will be used only on post disaster reconstruction and renovation of cultural , social heritage and settlements. We will update our expenditure details in this website as well as to ARCASIA from time to time. After donation please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the scanned copy of bank deposited receipt.
- Account Name: Society of Nepalese Architects (SONA)
- Account number : 001-0001934 CA
- Century Commercial Bank Ltd, Head Office, Putalisadak, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- (Swift code: CCBN NP KA)
- There are also few corresponding banks in various countries which charge less for money transfer which are given below. We request you to transfer your funds through respective banks of your country . The names and swift codes of the corresponding banks are listed below.
- For further credit to account maintained at
- Century Commercial Bank Ltd, Head Office, Putalisadak, Kathmandu, Nepal.(Swift code: CCBN NP KA)
- Account Name: Society of Nepalese Architects (SONA)
- Account number : 001-0001934 CA
|Standard Settlement Instructions|
|Owning Bank: Century Commercial Bank Limited|
|Location of SSIs: Nepal, Kathmandu Head Office|
|Last Updated on : 27 July 2013|
|For Settlement through : CCBN NP KA ( CP, FX, MM)|
|CP= Commercial Payments|
|FX= Foreign Exchange|
|MM= Money Markets|
|Currency||Correspondent Bank||Swift / BIC||Account No.||CP||FX||MM|
|USD||MASHREQ BANK, NEW YORK||MSHQ US 33||70009447||CP||FX||MM|
|USD||HABIB AMERICAN BANK, NEW YORK||HANY US 33||20729235||CP||MM|
|EUR||MASHREQ BANK, LONDON||MSHQ GB 2L||12308||CP||FX||MM|
|GBP||MASHREQ BANK, LONDON||MSHQ GB 2L||12297||CP||FX||MM|
|INR||MASHREQ BANK, MUMBAI||MSHQ IN BB||61050299||CP||MM|
|INR||HDFC BANK, MUMBAI||HDFC IN BB||600390000630||CP||MM|
|INR||AXIS BANK, SILIGURI||AXIS IN BB 035||911020021210867||CP||MM|
Society Of Nepalese Architects (SONA)
The devastating earthquake struck the nation on 25 April 2015, measured in the magnitude of 7.9 Reciter Scale, resulting unimaginable destruction of buildings and infrastructure, historically important built-heritage and large number of human lives. As you are all aware of the fact that SONA and its member architects are involved in relief operation from the ‘Day-1’, mobilizing volunteer architects for relief operation, including distribution of relief materials, debris removable/ clearance, rapid assessment of damaged buildings, documentation, type designs for reconstruction works. Similarly, SONA has initiated fundraising for relief operation by whatever we can contribute personally.
In this connection, SONA would like to appeal all its member architects for contribution in this time of national crisis by contributing in cash or kind to support for Earthquake Relief Operation in Nepal by contacting SONA Secretariat. We strongly appeal all its member architects for maintaining strong professional ethics in this difficult situation by volunteering in Rapid Visual Assessment of Damaged Buildings designed by oneself and being jointly carried out with Nepal Engineering Association (NEA).
Ar. Kishore Thapa
भूकम्प बारे जनहितमा जारी सार्वजनिक सन्देस
१. नआत्तिऊ,सचेत रहौं,सजग रहौं । कसैले भूकम्प यतिवेला आउँछ यत्रो आउँ उत्रो आउँन्छ भन्छ भने त्यो हल्ला मात्रै हो। भ्रम फैलाउनेका पछाडि कहिल्यै नलागौ। भूकम्पका बारेमा भविष्यवाणी गर्न सक्ने कुनै पनि निकाय र व्यक्ति छैन । यसकारण नसोधी,नवोली आउने भूकम्पवाट जोगिन हामी आफै तयार रहौ ।
२.ठूलो भूकम्प गइसकेपछि ससाना भूकम्पका धक्काहरु अर्थात पराकम्पनहरु आउनु स्वभाविक प्रक्रिया हो , यसकारण हामीले सचेत रहेर पराकम्पनमा विचलित नहोआंै , यदि ठूलो धक्काका कारण भवनमा क्षति पुगेको छ भने एकपटक घरको चेकजाँच गरेर मात्रै भित्र प्रवेश गरौं तर सामान्य रुपमा भवनको वाहीरी भागमा मात्र क्षति भएको छ भने यहाँहरु ढुक्क संग घरभित्र प्रवेश गर्न सक्नु हुन्छ , थप मद्धत लिन प्राविधिकको सहयोगमा घरको चेकजाच गराउन सक्नुहुन्छ ।
३.भूकम्प पृथ्वी भित्र भइरहने नियमित हलचलको प्रक्रियाबाट उत्पन्न हुन्छ । विज्ञानले भूकम्पको भविष्यवाणी गर्न सकेको छैन यसकारण भूकम्पका बारेमा चल्ने हल्लाको पछि नलागौं । सचेत रहौं,सजग रहौं ।
४.भूकम्प पछि विभिन्न रोगव्याधी,महामारी,तथा अन्य स्वास्थ्य सम्बन्धी समस्याले मानिसको ज्यान लिन सक्छ यसकारण यतातिर पनि सचेत रहौं । एक अर्कालाइ मद्धत गरौ हौसला र सान्त्वना वाडौ निरासा होइन हरेक व्यक्तिको जीवनमा दुख पछि सुख निश्चित छ यसकारण धैर्य गरौं, नआत्तिऔं ।
५. ठूलो महाविपत्तिका समयमा आम मानिसहरुको मनोबल कमजोर हुन्छ , यसकारण यस्तो अवस्थामा विभत्स दृष्यहरु सञ्चारका विभिन्न माध्यमहरुबाट प्रकाशन,प्रसारण नगरौ, सकारात्मक तथा आशावादी सन्देस तथा दृष्यहरु मात्रै प्रकासन तथा प्रसारण गरौं ।
टोल समुदायमा तालिमप्राप्त उद्दारकर्मीको अभावमा हुने स्वतस्फूर्त उद्दारकार्यमा एकदमै सावधानी अपनाऔं। सक्छौं मद्दत गरौं, तर हाम्रो प्रयत्नले भत्केका घर संरचनाका भग्नावशेषमा पुरिएका र थुनिएका व्यक्तिहरूलाई थप जोखिममा नपुगोस भन्ने कुरामा एकदम सावधान रहौं, सचेत रहौं।
जय नेपाल !